It’s been a little rough recently, I’ll admit. Last night I stayed up all night for no reason playing League of Legends, completely neglecting my work and letting down a lot of the people who relied on me.
This can’t be the sort of thing I do.
Good work comes with good habits, so I’m going to start working on good habits again. It’s very important to me that I establish myself as a reliable person who will get stuff done, someone who follows through on their word. Ironically, I’ve always been terrible at this, but that’s probably why it’s so important—I’m trying to fix myself. Here’s a list of habits I want to start working on:
- Dress for success. I work at home, so I tend to let myself go a bit from time to time. Nevertheless, I want to work on dressing my best and keeping clean shaven even though I’m not in an office environment.
- Write a blog every day. I’ve always kept a written journal, but I think this blog is important, and it helps me continue to practice writing.
- Produce my content one day in advance. This is a quality of life thing. If I’m scheduled to submit an article on Monday, I need to finish the article on Sunday; it’s pretty simple.
- Start streaming daily. Streaming isn’t really…integral to my success, but it’s another place where I can put time in and show my face and my personality.
- Exercise! I’ve been getting back into parkour, but there’s only so much my body can handle at once. I want to make consistent and quality exercise a habit so I can be healthy while I continue to improve at writing.
Also, totally random, but I’d like to do some word studies from time to time :D.
Today’s WotD from Dictionary.com is ninnyhammer, meaning a fool or simpleton. The base of the word, “ninny”, refers to a fool on its own originally. No idea where “hammer” came from, but I suppose it adds characters.
If you don’t like SKT, then you are a ninnyhammer.
Will do more in-depth ones later, but I thought that one was pretty interesting.